What are the differences between dry and dehydrated skin and how can we treat this skin type? We asked SKINIUS dermatologists what are the secrets to improve its appearance!
What are the differences between dry and sensitive skin and simply dehydrated skin? We asked SKINIUS dermatologists what are the secrets to improve its appearance!
Dry and sensitive skin is a very specific skin type in which the epidermis appears dehydrated and cracked. The dry condition is brought about by an alteration in the lipid barrier and, therefore, a lack of certain amino acids that cause a reduction in urea, a substance that helps water bind to skin cells. If the urea percentage is greatly reduced, the skin loses water and becomes dehydrated. The most common features of dry skin are flaking, itching, redness, roughness and the feeling of skin pulling. It is important to know how to recognize the symptoms, as it can sometimes be confused with a true dermatological condition such as atopic dermatitis.
What is the reason for dehydrated skin?
Dehydrated skin can be a temporary condition of the skin tissue. It is a deficiency of water, not lipids, which then makes it lack elasticity and dull. Dehydrated skin is highly dependent on external factors such as weather conditions or the use of inappropriate dermocosmetics that can promote transepidermal water loss, loss that then results in rough and cracked skin.
Beauty routine for dry and sensitive skin
Only a few products but with specific action and super gentle texture are preferred in this situation. Essential step is to cleanse the face with gentle products, suitable for sensitive skin, so as not to compromise the balance of the hydrolipidic film. Essential is to constantly moisturize the skin using high-quality products that contain active ingredients such as Fospidin, which is essential to keep the skin balanced and deeply nourished.
What products are suitable for dry and sensitive or dehydrated facial skin?
- In the case of sensitive skin, the first essential step is proper cleansing of the face with gentle and moisturizing products. MILIS Cleansing Milk, with a creamy, emollient texture enriched with vitamins C and E and Fospidin complex, is the product indicated for gentle and respectful facial cleansing that allows multi-purpose application: directly massaged in with the palm of the hands or through the support of a cotton pad or the more delicate and soft DELIKA Towel in 100% recyclable cotton.
- DELIKA Micellar Water 4 in 1 is recommended as a toner by dermatologists to maintain the balance of the skin microbiome. It soothes and has an anti-aging action, leaving the epidermis hydrated, toned, supple, firm and radiant even during the menopausal period. Dermatologists recommend Double Anti-Aging Dermatological Cleansing for a deep, comfortable cleansing that helps keep the hydrolipidic film intact, without drying out the skin.
Dermatologists recommend Anti-Aging Dermatological Double Cleansing for a deep and comfortable cleansing that helps keep the hydrolipid film intact, without drying out the skin.
- FOSPID Active Serum, on the other hand, is the multifunction serum from the high percentage of the Fospidin complex. A highly regenerating product that helps intervene in the physiological processes of cell regeneration and repair, which is why it is recommended by dermatologists to restore the altered hydrolipid film. This function is also useful in cases of dry skin during pregnancy.
- Face creams with a nourishing, full-bodied texture and specific active ingredients for dry and sensitive skin are recommended. A resounding help in alleviating the imperfections of dehydrated skin comes from soy and rice peptides, key amino acids that help nourish the skin, promoting firming and elasticity. We can find these actives in the most innovative anti-aging face creams and they are usually combined with the action of hyaluronic acid (preferably in microspheres), which helps maintain skin hydration, contributing to smoother, more relaxed skin. H2+O Moisturizing Cream helps maintain superficial and deep hydration of the skin and helps maintain good cell physiology. SHATUI is the anti-aging, nourishing, firming face cream with a high-density melting texture to smooth out micro wrinkles and give tone and elasticity. Equally useful is to always use a face cream with a sun filter to shield the skin from smog and UVA and UVB rays, two external agents that often contribute to dry or dehydrated skin.
Body cream for dry and dehydrated skin: which one to choose
- NATRUX Body Cream thanks to regenerating active ingredients ensures optimal hydration for dry and sensitive skin. A treatment with a firming, regenerating, elasticizing and anti-aging action with a fluid, rapidly absorbed texture ideal for restoring the hydrolipidic film of even the most sensitive skin. In fact, the product is also recommended by dermatologists as a daily after-bath/shower, after hair removal and as an after-sun product.
- LIFTNES, on the other hand, is the specific cream for the neck, décolleté and breast area. The neckline is one of the areas most exposed to external agents and especially to the action of UV rays, which make the skin drier and more sensitive. This is why it is important to moisturize and regenerate it daily with ultra-performing active ingredients for an amazing effect
Supplements for dry and dehydrated skin: which ones to choose?
To improve the performance of the skincare routine for dry and sensitive skin, it is ideal to choose the systemic support of food supplements. If creams and serums for dry skin in fact act in the more superficial layers of the epidermis, skin regeneration takes place in the dermis. For this reason, the SKINIUS research team has developed dermatological protocols that combine an IN&OUT action adapted to boost the performance and results desired for each need.
FOSPID.IN is the supplement with biotin, phospolipids and glucosamine, ideal for moisturizing and regenerating dry and sensitive skin superficially and deeply because it acts as a booster of topical dermocosmetic action. In fact, the product is formulated with the same functional actives.
PLUSOL.IN, on the other hand, is the supplement with copper, zeaxanthin and maritime pine extract. It is ideal for helping skin, even particularly dry or dehydrated skin, prepare for sun exposure. Copper intervenes in the processes that regulate melanin production, promoting skin pigmentation.
Sunscreen for dry and dehydrated skin
In case of dry and dehydrated skin, it is essential to protect the skin with high photoprotection. In fact, sun and heat are among the main factors that can lead to excessive skin dryness and dehydration. In addition to choosing a good sunscreen for dry and dehydrated skin, it is important to choose to expose yourself away from the middle hours of the day and apply sunscreen every two hours. Also important is keeping the skin cool, just a simple spray with water coIn case of dry and dehydrated skin, it is essential to protect the skin with high photoprotection. Sun and heat are in fact among the main factors that can lead to excessive skin dryness and dehydration. In addition to choosing a good sunscreen for dry and sensitive skin, it is important to choose to expose yourself away from the middle hours of the day and apply sunscreen every two hours. You also need to keep your skin cool: a simple spray with running water is enough.
The PLUSOL sun line from SKINIUS was created to help dry and dehydrated skin protect itself from UVA/UVB rays thanks to a filter system that is safer for the skin and the environment. Characterizing the entire line is the Plusolina complex, a mix of plant oils that acts as a natural protective booster for the skin against solar radiation. In addition, the entire line effectively nourishes and moisturizes dry and sensitive skin for a radiant, soft and supple appearance. The textures of the line are light and delicate and perfect for protecting even the most sensitive areas that experience the most dehydration such as hands, scalp, and also in the presence of spots, tattoos and scars.